If the time has arrived for your business to select a dedicated server, the process need not be a difficult or stressful one. The first thing that you need to do when making this decision is to determine exactly what you need from the dedicated hosting server that you choose. There are mainly three areas where you need to pay attention to when choosing a dedicated server, including:
- Your business requirements
- The configuration requirements of the dedicated web server
- Your dedicated hosting budget
This can refer to a multitude of different considerations. This includes the number of visitors that you expect on your website if the sites that are hosted on the dedicated hosting server are mission-critical for your business, etc. Before making a decision, consider the following services and features of the dedicated server:
- The backup solutions and the disaster recovery methods that the dedicated server has in place.
- The anti-spam, firewalls, anti-virus and security that is provided. This refers to the all-around server protection.
- E-Commerce considerations that are in place, include SSL certificates.
- The uptime requirements.
- The management services for the server.
While this is not a comprehensive list, you should ensure that you know exactly what is offered by a dedicated hosting server, before making a final decision.
The number of things to consider when it comes to the configuration of the dedicated server is finite. This means that you know the exact specifications for the configuration of the hosting server you need and the one you choose. These eight aspects include:
The server management
The operating system
Scalability and future-proofing
The web server
Speed and performance
Bandwidth and data transfer
Your Hosting Budget
It should be common knowledge that you need to ensure that you can realistically afford … Read the rest